This research note contains the second roundup of music statistics analysis for May 2019.
- Mexican entertainment company Corporacion Interamericana de Entretenimiento (CIE) has reported a fall in revenue for the first quarter of 2019.
- UK performance-rights body PPL has reported a record year for license fees, with revenue from overseas rising sharply.
Features and Benefits
- The research note details music industry statistics, news, and financials published in the last two weeks.
- Included are Avex Group, Time For Fun, CIE, and Tencent Music's financials, PPL collection results, and paid subscriber numbers in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
Key questions answered
- What was behind the big rise in PPL's international collections last year?
- How many subscribers to paid music services were there in the Czech Republic at the end of last year?
Table of contents
Avex Group, Time For Fun, CIE, Tencent Music's financials; PPL collection results; Czech Republic and Slovakia paid subscribers
Mixed year for Avex Group
Tough first quarter for T4F
Flat start to the year for CIE
Rise in paid subscribers to Tencent Music's streaming services
Big rise in international income boosts PPL results
Music subscriber growth in Czech Republic and Slovakia