This research note contains the first roundup of music statistics analysis for May 2019.
- US collective management organization (CMO) SoundExchange paid $220.7m in digital performance royalties to record companies and recording artists (including spoken-word actors and comedians) in the first quarter of this year.
- UMG was the biggest recorded-music distributor in South Africa last year, according to figures published by trade group RISA.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest set of music industry statistics published in the last two weeks.
- Examines first-quarter SoundExchange exchange distributions and SiriusXM and Pandora operating figures, as well as the major music distributor market share details for South Africa and Norway.
Key questions answered
- How much did ASCAP distribute to its members in total last year?
- Which was the biggest music company in South Africa and Norway?
Table of contents
SoundExchange, SiriusXM, and Pandora; South Africa and Norway market shares; ASCAP; Live Nation; Apple
Strong start to the year for SoundExchange
SiriusXM revenue boosted by Pandora acquisition
UMG and SME dominate South Africa market share
ASCAP reports second year of $1bn+ distributions
Big concert gains for Live Nation
Services shine in Apple second-quarter results
UMG and SME make share gains in Norway