This research note contains the first roundup of music statistics analysis for March 2019.
- New figures published by Japanese recorded-music trade association the RIAJ show that the trade value of digital music sales increased 12.5% in 2018, to JPY64.466bn ($584.1m), from JPY57.297bn in 2017.
- Global events company Live Nation Entertainment (LNE) has reported its eighth consecutive record financial year.
- Mexican entertainment company Corporacion Interamericana de Entretenimiento (CIE) has reported a positive year, with total revenue benefiting from both its entertainment and events sectors.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest music statistics news from the last two weeks.
- Analyzes Japanese digital music sales; Live Nation, CIE, and T4F financials; US streaming; Hungama metrics; and US audio brands
Key questions answered
- What share of Japanese digital music sales came from streaming last year?
- What is the most popular music genre streamed by Indian digital music service Hungama?
Table of contents
Japan digital, Live Nation, CIE, and T4F financials; US streaming; Hungama metrics; US audio brands
Audio subscriptions lead digital sales in Japan
Eighth consecutive record year for Live Nation
Entertainment and events boost CIE financials
Positive end to the year for Time For Fun
Spotify closes in on YouTube for US share of listening
Hungama details streaming metrics and listening trends
Pandora maintains audio brand awareness lead in the US