This research note is the first roundup of music statistics analysis for January.
- UMG strengthened its position as the biggest music company in the UK last year, with an increased market share of total album equivalent sales.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest music statistics news from the last two weeks.
- Includes UK market shares, SiriusXM year-end subscriber figures, network traffic forecasts, Google year-end URL removals, Canada music consumption, and UK classical music sales details.
Key questions answered
- How did the major labels' UK market shares change in 2018?
- What share of Canadian music consumption last year came from music streaming?
Table of contents
UK market share, SiriusXM, network traffic, URL removals, Canada music consumption, UK classical
UMG increases market share lead in UK
SiriusXM beats 2018 subscriber guidance
Video to increase future network traffic dominance
4shared the Google URL removal request domain leader
Music consumption growth in Canada
BPI champions classical music gains