This research note contains the second roundup of music statistics analysis for December.
- YouTube removed 7.8 million videos that violated the platform's guidelines in the three months from July to September, according to company stats.
- Leading music streaming service Spotify is set to end this year with an increased share of global on-demand audio subscriptions, according to Ovum estimates.
Features and Benefits
- Details the music statistics published in the last two weeks.
- Includes details of YouTube video removals, music carrier billing, US core copyright value, music subscription shares, and top-grossing iOS apps.
Key questions answered
- What share of global paid music subscriptions did Spotify end this year with?
- What is the forecast value of direct carrier-billed digital music at the end of 2018 and 2023?
Table of contents
YouTube removals, carrier billing, US core copyright, music subscription shares, top-grossing iOS apps
YouTube removes millions of videos for breaching site rules
Growth forecast for carrier-billed digital music revenue
US core copyright industries generate $1.3tn for economy
Spotify increases share of total music subscriptions
Netflix tops iOS highest-grossing apps list