This research note contains the first roundup of music statistics analysis for November.
- The combined production value of audio and music video formats in Japan in the first nine months of this year was up 10.4%, to JPY179.4bn ($1.64bn), from JPY162.5bn in the prior-year period, according to the local trade association, the RIAJ.
- Satellite radio broadcaster SiriusXM has reported record earnings and operating details for the third quarter and first nine months of this year.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest music industry statistics and company financials.
- Analyzes Japan's physical sales details; SiriusXM, Live Nation, Apple, and CIE financials; Australia live figures; and UK digital radio details.
Key questions answered
- What share of radio listening in the UK is done through digital radio receivers?
- By how much did spending on ticket sales to live music concerts rise in Australia last year?
Table of contents
Japan physical sales; SiriusXM, Live Nation, Apple, and CIE financials; UK music; Australia live; UK digital radio
Mixed nine months for Japan physical music production
Revenue and subscription growth for SiriusXM
Ticketing gains boost revenue for Live Nation
Apple reports record quarter for services
Strong calendar of events drives CIE third-quarter earnings
UK music worth £4.5bn to the economy in 2017
Big jump in revenue and ticket sales for Australian live sector
UK digital share of radio listening keeps on rising