This is the first roundup of music industry statistics analysis for October 2018.
- The number of URL takedown requests sent by rights holders to Google ended September at 3,751,503,565, up 199,614,189 from end-June, and 599,778,659 from the beginning of the year.
Features and Benefits
- Rounds up the latest music industry statistics published in the last two weeks.
- Covers Google URL removal requests, 7digital and Shazam financials, and TMT revenue by sector.
Key questions answered
- How many URL removal requests were made to Google in the first nine months of this year?
- How can brands benefit from partnerships with live music companies?
Table of contents
Google URL removals, 7digital and Shazam financials, TMT revenue, live music and brands
Google URL removal requests keep on rising
Higher revenue and widening losses for 7digital
Final accounts show big jump in losses for Shazam
Smart home the leading TMT growth sector
Emotional intensity of live music boosts brand engagement