This research note provides August's first roundup of music industry statistics analysis.
- The combined production value of audio and music video formats in Japan in the first six months of this year was up 0.7%, to JPY117.4bn ($1.04bn), from JPY116.5bn in the prior-year period.
- Recorded-music trade sales in Austria were up 6.3% in the first half of this year, to €53.5m ($64.8m), from €50.3m in the same period of 2017.
Features and Benefits
- Rounds up the latest industry statistics and financials published in the last two weeks.
- Covers stats from France, Italy, and Austria, as well as financials for Live Nation and CIE.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music trade revenue in Austria is generated by streaming?
- How many subscribers to on-demand audio services were there in France at end-June?
Table of contents
Japan, global live sales, Austria, SoundExchange, Italy, SiriusXM, France, Live Nation, CIE
Mixed six months for physical recorded-music production in Japan
Record average ticket price boosts live tour gross
Digital takes the lead in Austria
Positive second quarter for SoundExchange
Streaming the biggest source of trade revenue in Italy
Revenue and subscriber growth for SiriusXM
SNEP publishes midyear French recorded-music performance
Ticketing gains drive revenue growth for Live Nation
Strong calendar of events boosts CIE second quarter