This report covers MTN Group's recent activities and performances, including Ovum data and forecasts as well as data published by the operator and the regulatory authorities.
- With just over 225 million mobile subscriptions in 3Q18, MTN is the largest telecoms group in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), with a 16% share of mobile subscriptions in the region. The group covered a population of 663 million in 3Q18. Ovum forecasts that MTN's subscriptions will exceed 257 million by 2022. As of 3Q18, 3G is the dominant technology, representing 47% of the group's subscriptions, followed by 2G, with a 44% share, and 4G, with a 9% share. By 2022, the shares of 3G and 4G will rise to 59% and 23%, respectively.
Features and Benefits
- Compare MTN's financial performance to the other global and regional telecoms groups.
- Assesses MTN's operations across MEA.
Key questions answered
- How is MTN implementing digital services?
- What are the key segments driving MTN's performance?
Table of contents
Download 1: MTN Group Update, November 2018