Many telcos are attempting to monetize their network infrastructure and cell tower and data center assets by transferring them into separate business units. These transformations are also increasing the availability of wholesale services.
- Telcos are separating their infrastructure businesses to attract additional investment, but this separation can also increase the availability of wholesale services and enable greater retail competition.
Features and Benefits
- Compare the objectives and effects of different telcos' infrastructure separation strategies.
- Understand how infrastructure monetization is driving wholesale market growth.
Key questions answered
- Why are so many telcos separating their infrastructure and services businesses?
- Why does the increasing monetization of network infrastructure affect wholesale service availability?
Table of contents
Separating infrastructure businesses to increase investment
Infrastructure and wholesale business separation to enable greater retail competition
Greater separation of infrastructure has benefits all round