This report discusses challenges, approaches and opportunities for smart cities financing and business models, from the perspectives of both cities themselves, as well as technology solutions providers.
- This report provides insight and advice to IoT technology suppliers looking to monetize the smart city. The smart city has been through a hype cycle and while there are many drivers for cities to adopt smart solutions, financing these solutions remains a challenge.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the smart city opportunity and identifies what is driving and inhibiting growth.
- Evaluates how cities are funding their smart city strategies, the business cases for different types of applications, and the business models that are underpinning the way in which technology providers can monetize the smart city opportunity.
Key questions answered
- How are cities financing their smart city strategies?
- What are the key drivers and barriers from demand and supply sides?
- Which applications have the clearest business case?
- What types of business models are being explored as long-term sustainable approaches to smart cities projects?
- What business models are being used for the two most common smart city use cases: smart lighting smart parking?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and technology vendors
The smart city opportunity, drivers, and barriers
What is driving the growth of smart cities?
Key barriers for suppliers and cities
Finance and business models for the smart city
Finance: Finding the balance between public and private funding is the key to long term sustainability
How are business cases being developed for smart cities projects?
Procurement and business models for smart cities projects
Smart Street Lighting and Smart Parking
Spotlight use case – smart street lighting
Driving up revenues: Smart parking