The smart city is a vertical which has seen a lot of hype. However, progress to date has been slow and steady, rather than the smart city utopia dreamed of when smart city solutions were first introduced more than a decade ago.
- This research note highlights the key messages from our recent report Monetizing the Smart City: Successful financing and business models and our Smart Cities IoT Projects Tracker 3Q19.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the key messages from our recent report Monetizing the Smart City: Successful financing and business models and our Smart Cities IoT Projects Tracker 3Q19.
- Offers advice to technology suppliers on how to monetize the smart city vertical.
Key questions answered
- Which smart city applications have the clearest business case?
- How can innovative business models reduce the risk for cities?
Table of contents
Fragmentation, financing and a lack of long-term viable business models are inhibiting smart city growth
Smart Lighting and Smart Parking have the clearest business cases, reflected in the high number of deployments to date
Innovation in financing and business models is needed to monetize the smart city