Ovum's updated Mobile Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2018–23 includes a 5G forecast, M2M forecast, and a mobile revenue forecast. It also provides an in-depth view of mobile subscriptions by technology, prepaid or postpaid, and M2M or non-M2M. It also provides unique users and population penetration rates of subscriptions and unique users. Lastly, mobile service revenues and ARPU are split by voice, data, and SMS.
- Ovum forecasts an increase in mobile subscriptions (excluding M2M subscriptions) from 7.62 billion in 2017 to 8.80 billion in 2023 (2.4% CAGR). Mobile service revenue will grow from $824bn in 2017 to $920bn in 2023 (1.8% CAGR). This corresponds to a drop in global ARPU from $8.57 in 2017 to $7.79 in 2023.
- Mobile data revenues are driving revenue growth and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8% from 2017 to 2023. It will account for over 80% of total mobile service revenue in 2023.
Features and Benefits
- Benchmark mobile subscription and revenue metrics across 67 markets and eight regions from 2015 to 2023.
- Assess the impact of 5G and M2M on mobile industry metrics.
Key questions answered
- How will mobile subscriptions and revenues perform over the next five years?
- How will 5G and M2M affect the mobile market in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2018–23