Ovum's updated Mobile Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2017–22 provides an in-depth view of the mobile telecoms market from 2014 to 2022, including mobile service revenues split by voice, data, and SMS and ARPU for all regions and 67 major markets around the world. This forecast includes Ovum’s 5G forecast as well as M2M revenue and M2M subscription forecasts.
- Ovum forecasts an increase in mobile subscriptions (excluding M2M subscriptions) from 7.27 billion in 2016 to 8.26 billion in 2022 (2.2% CAGR). Mobile service revenue will grow from $840bn in 2016 to $921bn in 2022 (1.6% CAGR). This corresponds to a drop in global ARPU from $9.32 in 2016 to $8.34 in 2022.
- Mobile data revenues are driving revenue growth and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2016 to 2022. It will account for almost three quarters of total mobile service revenue in 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Benchmark mobile subscription and revenue metrics across 67 markets and eight regions from 2014 to 2022.
- Assess the impact of 5G and M2M on mobile industry metrics.
Key questions answered
- How will mobile subscriptions and revenues perform over the next five years?
- How will 5G and M2M affect the mobile market in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2017–22