This is Ovum's inaugural forecast of mobile-only broadband households. It breaks out household penetration and the number of mobile-only broadband households for 20 tier 1 markets, eight regions and subregions, and global total.
- In this inaugural forecast, Ovum projects that 31% of households will be mobile-only by 2024. Central and Southern Asia (51%) will have the highest penetration in terms of mobile-only households in 2024, followed by Africa with 40%.
- Ovum forecasts that 685 million households will access the internet or watch video on mobile networks only by 2024, up from 339 million in 2017. The two Asian regions – Oceania, Eastern and South-Eastern Asia and Central and Southern Asia will be on top by 2024.
Features and Benefits
- Provides global, regional total, and breakouts for 20 tier 1 countries.
- Shows to what extent households will rely on mobile networks entirely for internet access and watching video.
Key questions answered
- How many households will access the internet on their smartphones and cellular networks alone?
- Will there be a big difference in mobile-only household penetration between developed and developing countries?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile-Only Broadband Forecast: 2019–24