This update to Ovum’s handset and smartphone forecast tracks the latest developments in the handset market. The update reduces the non-smartphone sales volume, but the outlook for the smartphone market overall remains unchanged.
- The smartphone market is forecasted to be 1.74 billion unit sales in 2018, growing only 14% over the following four years to just under 2 billion in 2022.
- Sub-$100 smartphones over the forecast period will reach 30% of all smartphones sold by 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the impact of the Note 9 on Samsung's lagging smartphone sales.
- Analyses how ZTE can recover from the damage inflicted by the US import ban.
Key questions answered
- Which regions will be driving smartphone growth to 2022?
- What is Google's ambition for the Pixel range?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile Handset Sales Forecast Update, August 2018