Ovum's latest update to the handset and smartphone forecast tracks the latest developments in the handset market. This version integrates updated data on corporate smartphones, non-smartphone sales and network technology adoption.
- After a couple of years with zero growth, the smartphone market is set to grow 5% in 2020, driven in part by 5G.
- 5G smartphone sales will reach 100m in 2020 and grow to nearly half of all smartphone sales by 2024.
- The installed base of smartphones will exceed five billion in 2022, growing by one billion from 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the evolution of the smartphone market as it reaches saturation in most developed and many emerging markets.
- Identifies which countries and regions will have the most growth for smartphone sales over the forecast period.
- Evaluates the smartphone market across several different metrics including OS, network technology, and price tier.
Key questions answered
- Will iPhone sales and revenue recover for Apple?
- How quickly will 5G grow globally?
- How will market saturation affect the price of smartphones?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile Handset Forecast: Sales, Installed Base, ASP, and Revenue, 2019–24