This spreadsheet forecasts the installed base of augmented reality (AR) in mobile devices, broken down by platform (Google's ARCore or Apple's ARKit) for major regional and national markets.
- ARKit 3.0 will take until 2022 to reach more than 90% of the iOS installed base.
- ARCore rollout is still hamstrung by Android's fragmentation and will reach over 90% compatibility by 2021; five years after Android Nougat's release.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates which markets will see higher levels of AR adoption.
- Assesses how the slow down in Apple's sales will affect the uptake of ARKit 3.0.
Key questions answered
- Which AR platform will reach the most number of users over the next few years?
- How quickly will AR reach consumers in emerging regions and markets?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile AR Forecast: 2019–23