Midyear retail sales figures published by the Spanish music trade association Promusicae show that the recovery in recorded-music sales has stuttered to a stop.
- Although paid audio subscriptions registered strong growth, the rise was unable to offset the big fall in revenue from advertising-supported audio services and a drop in CD album sales.
Features and Benefits
- Details Spanish recorded-music retail sales in the first six months of this year.
- Assesses sales by format and revenue stream and examines the prospects for further growth.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music sales in Spain in the first half of this year came from paid subscriptions?
- What caused the big fall in revenue from advertising-supported audio streaming services?
Table of contents
Spanish recorded-music recovery grinds to a halt
Audio subscriptions now the main revenue source
Rise in sales of vinyl and physical videos