Millicom launched its Digital Lifestyle strategy in March 2013 with the aim of increasing its revenue through digital and nonvoice services. This case study examines how Millicom executed its strategy in Latin America in the five years since its launch.
- Millicom had set itself a target of almost doubling its annual revenue from $4.8bn in 2012 to $9bn in 2017, aiming for more than half of its revenue to come from digital and nonvoice services in 2017, compared with around 30% in 2012.
- Even though Millicom missed the five-year revenue target it set for itself under the Digital Lifestyle strategy, Ovum believes the strategy has paid off well for the operator, which has evolved over the past five years into a digital services provider.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the five years of Millicom's Digital Lifestyle strategy.
- Provides an overview of Millicom's revenues by category in 2017.
Key questions answered
- How successful has Millicom been in executing its Digital Lifestyle strategy in Latin America?
- What were the key achievements of Millicom Group's digital lifestyle strategy across its operations in Latin America?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Millicom is steadily evolving from telecommunications operator to digital services provider
Setting the business context
Bringing the strategy to life