An attempt by Miley Cyrus, her songwriting partners, and her record company to dismiss a plagiarism claim by Jamaican singer songwriter Michael May has failed.
- Accusations of music plagiarism, and consequent legal claims, are on the rise.
Features and Benefits
- The research note details the latest attempt by Miley Cyrus and her coauthors and record company to have a plagiarism case against her dismissed.
- The note explains the arguments made and why the attempt was denied.
Key questions answered
- Why are Miley Cyrus and her coauthors and record company being sued for plagiarism?
- What are the reasons behind the attempt to have the case dismissed?
Table of contents
Music plagiarism, and the rise in legal claims
Copying a distinct lyric or phrase
Judge denies motion to dismiss