Ovum's annual assessment of midyear results suggests global recorded-music trade earnings from the sale of physical and digital recorded-music and income from music access services will register a similar rate of growth this year as in 2017.
- All the trade associations that have published figures or provided guidance have shown continued gains from music subscription services, and this earnings growth in all but one of the countries has more than offset declines in revenue from other formats.
Features and Benefits
- Details the midyear recorded-music sales figures published by national trade associations.
- Projects likely full-year sales for the countries and estimates global growth.
Key questions answered
- Which of the countries that have published sales figure for the first half of this year performed best?
- How many countries registered growth in the first half of this year, and which leading market suffered a sales decline?
Table of contents
Global recorded-music trade sales heading for more growth
US at the head of the industry charge
Slowdown in the recorded-music rebound