In a major refresh to its cloud data warehousing service, Microsoft has significantly ramped up the performance, scale, and concurrency of Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- This research note analyzes the new features of the Compute Optimized Gen2 tier release.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the new hardware and cloud infrastructure features responsible for boosting performance and concurrency.
- Compares Azure SQL DW Gen 2 to recent enhancements with rival platforms such as Amazon Redshift.
Key questions answered
- How has Microsoft boosted performance and scale with the Compute Optimized Gen2 tier release of Azure SQL Data Warehouse?
- How does Azure SQL Data Warehouse stack up to Amazon Redshift and Snowflake?
Table of contents
A significant upgrade
For cloud data warehouses, there's a race to the top
How does Azure SQL Data Warehouse stack up?