This is an update of Thailand's telecoms market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, operator initiatives, consumer market trends, and regulation. It includes subscriptions and revenue forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- By using new spectrum resources to develop 4G, True overtook DTAC to become the second-largest mobile operator in Thailand.
- 4G users have doubled in Thailand over the past year to reach 30 million in 2Q17, accounting for 32% of total mobile users.
- The growth of fixed broadband is moderate and Ovum expects it to accelerate from 2017, due to a project led by the government.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the technologies migration trends in Thailand.
- Compares operators' performance.
Key questions answered
- What are the key telecom trends in the market?
- What did True do to exceed DTAC in the past year?
- How will the market change in the next few years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Thailand Update, September 2017