This report provides an update on the Mexican telecoms and media market, including mobile, fixed, TV, and OTT market analysis and forecasts. It also looks at operators' initiatives and content strategies, and the development and adoption of NGA technologies and regulation.
- Mexico is the second-largest economy in Latin America. It had 111 million mobile subscriptions at end-2017, with 90% mobile penetration, putting it behind the rest of the region, and it is a highly concentrated market. Its mobile subscriptions are forecast to grow 10% between end-2017 and end-2022, while fixed broadband subscriptions are forecast to grow 25% and pay TV 7%.
- The macroeconomic and political situation in Mexico will remain the main areas of concern, and operators should focus on protecting profitability.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the main characteristics of the Mexican TMT market, player strategies, and regulatory decisions.
- Evaluates how regulation is impacting the Mexican telecoms market.
Key questions answered
- What will drive growth in the Mexican TMT market in the next five years?
- What are the main operator strategies?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mexico: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report