Media streamers will bring access to OTT video services and apps to more than 362 million TV households by the end of 2022, up from 140 million in 2017.
- The availability and adoption of OTT video services is the main driver for media streamer sales. Devices will not sell without a local TV app ecosystem to support them.
- Media streamer vendors should continue to seek integration opportunities with their software and TV manufacturers in the market.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates media streamer outlooks in differently developing countries.
- Learn vendor strategies for the next five years – while the media streamer market is still strong.
- Understand evolving media streamer models and new purchase drivers/inhibitors.
Key questions answered
- How can Amazon, Apple, Google, and Roku continue to differentiate their products?
- How do smart TVs affect the progress of the media streamer market?
- What role does content play in local and global media streamer adoption?
- How can local players continue to differentiate their media streamer and content offerings compared to the large vendors?
- How many media streamers will be sold over the next five years? How many households will be penetrated?
Table of contents
Download 1: Media Streamer Sales Forecast Update, May 2018