The role of IT has changed in organizations. “IT” is now digital business services, and the key performance areas and measures of success should reflect this new role.
- The changed role of the IT department means that the measures of performance must be different
- There are three new performance areas that must be measured in a modern IT department
- The IT department “brand” should change to digital business services to reflect the new role of the department
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the need to change the measures of performance in modern IT departments
- Defines three focus areas for measuring performance in the modern digital business services department
Key questions answered
- Is there a need for new measures of performance and success in the modern digital world?
- What areas should we measure to evaluate the performance of modern IT departments?
Table of contents
Performance measures should change to reflect the pervasive role of digital business services in organizations
Measuring what matters
Measures of success for digital business solutions and services
Next steps in measuring digital business services performance