The optical networking (ON) market had a mixed quarter in 3Q19 after a strong 2Q19. The global market declined by 8.2% compared to 2Q19 and increased by 0.8% compared to 3Q18.
- ICP spending drives NA growth. North America internet content providers (ICPs) spending for data center interconnect has driven the growth in North America Optical market.
- Optical spending in India decreased by 48% compared to last year as some of the service providers having challenging financial positions.
- Huawei continues to outperform. Despite US sanctions, Huawei has grown revenue year over year and share driven by 200G capable DWDM lines.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the technology supporting growth.
- Learn about intercontent provider data center interconnect spending in North America.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers leading to North America optical networking growth?
- What product segments drove the growth in 3Q19?
- Why did India decline in 3Q19?
Table of contents
Revenue declined in 3Q19 based on normal spending trends but grew year over year
Five out of the top-10 vendors posted market share growth in 3Q19
Market share changes
Ciena, Huawei, Adva, Fujitsu, and ZTE see annualized share gains
Product and market highlights for 3Q19
Shift to higher speed optics drove the results
The ON market is on track for our latest $18.8bn forecast for 2024, driven by new customers