Global wireline broadband access equipment revenue for 2Q19 was $2.1bn, representing a 1% decline sequentially and an 8% increase year on year (YoY).
- 10G PON upgrades continue across the globe. EMEA and South and Central America were bright spots again for the PON market in 2Q19.
- DSL + Gfast equipment revenue had a positive quarter, but DSL will continue its downward trend.
- CMTS/CCAP vendors continue to have a tough 2019.
Features and Benefits
- Summarizes 2Q19 market share for wireline access equipment vendor revenues and units.
- Evaluates the uptake in next-gen PON equipment shipments.
- Assesses the state of the xDSL/Gfast market.
- The overall CMTS/CCAP equipment market and its vendors are reviewed.
Key questions answered
- What is the state of the wireline access equipment market? Which segments grew?
- Are XGS-PON shipments ramping?
- Did Gfast equipment shipments offset the decline in ADSL, VDSL, and SHDSL equipment?
- What is the current state of the CMTS/CCAP market?
Table of contents
PON and DSL + Gfast performed well YoY; CMTS/CCAP revenue was down both sequentially and YoY
Rolling 4Q results
Analysis of 2Q19 revenue
Market share changes
Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE remained market share leaders
FTTx PON results and market share changes
PON equipment market revenue down slightly over previous quarter; increased 15% YoY
FTTx PON market share and changes
FTTx PON product revenue in 2Q19
FTTx PON shipments in 2Q19
DSL + Gfast results and market share changes
DSL + Gfast revenue in 2Q19
DSL + Gfast market share and changes
CMTS/CCAP results and market share changes
CMTS/CCAP segment continues its down year
CMTS/CCAP market share and changes