Global wireline broadband access equipment revenues for 2Q18 were $2.1bn, declines of 4% sequentially and 1% year on year (YoY).
- US-imposed sanctions on ZTE had a negative influence on 2Q18 revenues.
- Verizon has major plans to deploy NG-PON2 in the US. NG-PON2 is based on tunable lasers and multiple wavelengths.
- Several major operators are now deploying Gfast commercially. Large-scale deployments are underway in Switzerland, UK, and Australia, among others.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes wireline broadband access equipment vendors' 2Q18 results compared to the previous quarter and YoY.
- Assesses market share for vendors by equipment type and region.
- Examines unit shipments and revenues.
Key questions answered
- How did the FTTx PON market perform in 2Q18?
- How did the xDSL + Gfast market perform in 2Q18?
- How did the CMTS + CCAP market perform in 2Q18?
- How did US-sanctions on ZTE affect overall market revenues for the quarter?
Table of contents
Sequential revenue declines across the board, mixed YoY results
Rolling 4Q results
Analysis of 2Q18 revenues
Market share changes
Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE remained market share leaders
FTTx PON results and market share changes
PON equipment market performed well despite ZTE's reduced presence
FTTx PON market share and changes
2Q18 FTTx PON product revenues
2Q18 FTTx PON shipments
DSL + Gfast results and market share changes
2Q18 DSL + Gfast revenues declined 11% sequentially and 27% YoY
DSL + Gfast market share and changes
CMTS + CCAP results and market share changes
2Q18 CMTS + CCAP revenues declined 11% sequentially and remained flat YoY
CMTS + CCAP market share and changes