Network transformation has been underway for six years now, with NFV underpinning of number of the efforts. In this report, Ovum presents a global assessment of the NFV market opportunity, forecasting NFV revenues from 2018–24.
- Carrier spending on NFV software and services will reach $48bn by 2024. Although 5G and commercially managed NFV services draw public attention, carriers have shifted their purchasing to implement NFV across their network operations.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the drivers for CSP spend on NFV software and services.
- Assesses the challenges operators will still face in 2020 as the industry approaches 5G commercialization.
Key questions answered
- What the is market size for CSP spend on NFV software and services?
- What are the most anticipated NFV use cases CSPs are prioritizing in their NFV investments?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Recommendations for vendors
The NFV environment
ETSI NFV framework
NFV framework vendors and organizations
Global NFV market to reach $49bn in 2024
NFV market enablers
Containers are here, but will coexist with VMs in the short-term
Network slicing proposition
NFV market challenges for CSPs
Do the benefits outweigh the security risks NFV presents?
Looking ahead to 2020
5G core announcements will ramp up