The Major Record Company Factsheets are a collection of financial and operating data published by the three major label groups: Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
- At current exchange rates, revenue for UMG in 1H18 edged down 1.4%, to €2,628m ($3,229m), from €2,666m in the first half of last year.
- SME registered growth in revenue and operating income in the first quarter (April to June) of its 2018 financial year.
- Digital revenue for WMG (recorded music and publishing) in the quarter increased 16.1% (14.1% at constant exchange rates), to $576m, from $496m, and represented 60.1% of total revenue, compared with 54.1% in the prior-year period.
Features and Benefits
- Details financial and operating data published by the three major label groups, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
- Includes financials as well as recorded-music sales by format and source.
Key questions answered
- What share of total revenue for WMG came from digital?
- By how much did SME's streaming revenue increase in the latest fiscal quarter?
Table of contents
Download 1: Major Record Company Factsheets: 2Q18