Ovum's Location Platform Index is a tool that assesses and ranks the major vendors in the location platform market, with particular reference to mapping and navigation.
- HERE has cemented its leadership position thanks to the continuous improvements it has made to its core Open Location Platform, doubling down on its efforts for developers, and a string of new initiatives including a renewed focus on data privacy.
- Mapbox has moved into the leader segment. Mapbox has been determined and consistent in its efforts to improve the completeness of its offering and extend its reach, particularly among developers, where it has a strong and loyal following.
- Apple's failure to innovate has seen it slip into the challenger segment. The company is in the process of buildings its own map data and has announced a redesign of Apple Maps, but this still a work in progress.
Features and Benefits
- Get to grips with vendors in the mapping and navigation market: learn about the leaders and the disruptive players challenging them.
- Learn from the location and mapping/navigation leaders: their strategies and capabilities and what makes them stand out from the crowd.
- Understand key trends in the mapping and navigation industry, including autonomous driving and the rise of mobility services and data marketplaces.
Key questions answered
- Which vendors are the platform leaders in the mapping and navigation space and what makes them stand out?
- Which vendors are the challengers for top position in mapping and navigation platforms and which ones are best positioned to move ahead?
- What are the key trends and developments driving the mapping and navigation market?
Table of contents
Recommendations for vendors
Ovum's Location Platform Index, June 2019