Ovum's Location Platform Index is a tool to assess and rank the major players in the location platform market. The index evaluates vendors on two main criteria: the completeness of their platform and its market reach.
- A location platform is a technology platform that integrates various location-based data sources and provides this data and related services to end users (consumers), licensees, and third-party developers.
- By adopting a platform approach, providers of mapping data and location-based services can benefit by expanding their user base while also opening up new revenue streams through third-party services.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the leaders and the disruptive players challenging them.
- Understand what makes successful vendors stand out from the crowd.
- Identify key trends in the industry, including autonomous driving and the rise of mobility services and data marketplaces.
Key questions answered
- Who are the platform leaders in the mapping and navigation space?
- Which challengers are best positioned to move ahead?
- What are the key trends and developments driving the mapping and navigation market?
Table of contents
Recommendations for vendors
Ovum's Location Platform Index, 2H17
Key changes to the index