This report outlines and analyzes the conditions for the development of 5G in Latin America, and considers which countries and use cases are likely to be deployed in the region and how the technology will develop.
- Progress toward 5G has gained momentum since 3GPP finalized the non-standalone (NSA) 5G New Radio component of Release 15 in December 2017. The first equipment based on NSA 5G NR is expected to hit the market as soon as the second half of 2018, making now a good time to assess the prospects of 5G in Latin America.
Features and Benefits
- Forecasts the likely speed of adoption of 5G in various Latin American countries.
- Examines how infrastructure needs to evolve in Latin America before the region can think about deploying 5G.
Key questions answered
- What are the key technical, strategic, and commercial aspects to be taken into consideration when deciding about 5G deployment?
- How the main countries in the region positioned in the 5G debate?
Table of contents
Global 5G progress
Important milestone in December 2017
Latin America 5G progress
5G in Latin America and the world
Regional CSPs will focus on preparing the network for 5G
Latin America 5G outlook
Different speeds for different countries
Benefits and uses of 5G