Japanese authors' society JASRAC has reported a slight fall in royalty collections for the 12 months to end-March 2018, after a flat previous financial year.
- The big two domestic collection sources of general performance and broadcasting both registered growth.
Features and Benefits
- Details collections by JASRAC for the financial year that ended in March.
- Assesses collections by source and details the annual changes in the different revenue streams.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for authors and music publishers in Japan?
- What share of total collections came from digital in the year to March 2018?
Table of contents
Steady year for royalty collections in Japan
Growth for the two dominant performance revenue sources
Streaming boosts digital collections