This is an update of Japan’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and TV/video market outlook.
- Japan's mature telecoms market is set to stagnate, with mobile and fixed subscription counts and revenue increasing slowly over the next few years.
- LTE will continue to gain users until 5G is commercially launched in 2020. FTTx remains the dominant technology, but its growth is slowing.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the competitive landscape in Japan's telecoms market.
- Identifies the threat from new players.
Key questions answered
- What key changes are set to occur in Japan's telecoms market?
- How are major operators dealing with challenges from newcomers?
Table of contents
Download 1: Japan Update, April 2018