New figures published by Japanese recorded-music trade association the RIAJ show that the total production value of physical formats increased last year compared with 2017.
- Based on digital revenue in the first nine months of the year, the world’s second-biggest recorded-music market looks set to register an overall full-year increase.
Features and Benefits
- Details full-year 2018 Japanese recorded-music production figures published by the RIAJ.
- Examines the results by format and estimates the full recorded-music trade figure, including digital.
Key questions answered
- What caused the production value of physical music formats to rise last year?
- Why is this unlikely to happen again in 2019?
Table of contents
Rise in physical recorded-music production in Japan
Growth expected for the full year
Fall in domestic and international releases