Gender equality is a hot topic at the moment. There’s pressure in the music industry to increase female participation in the performance, management and technical sides of the business, with women severely underrepresented across the board.
- Live Nation rolled out an initiative earlier this year to support early-stage female-led live music companies, and Smirnoff has attempted to increase the number of female artists headlining at its sponsored festivals.
Features and Benefits
- Details the current state of affairs with regards to gender equality in the music industry.
- Assesses the current initiatives to get more women involved in music.
Key questions answered
- What is the current state of affairs of gender equality in the music industry?
- What initiatives have been set up to reduce gender inequality?
Table of contents
Inequalities abound in the music industry
Reversing the status quo
Encouraging the private sector to follow the nonprofits