This is an update on the Italy telecoms market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, TV, OTT video, operator initiatives, M&A, and regulation. It includes subscription, revenue, and technology forecasts for these services.
- The Italy telecoms market is one of the largest in Europe, with intense competition in both the mobile and fixed sectors. Mobile subscription count is forecast to grow 3.2% between end-2018 and end-2023, while that of fixed broadband is forecast to grow 17.3%, and pay TV to grow by 2.0%. OTT video services subscriptions such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Now TV are expected to amount to around 8.2 million by 2023.
- Mobile service revenue has declined in the past two years, but is expected to stabilize and turn positive from 2021. On the fixed side, broadband revenue grew around 7% last year, driven by NGN networks and multiplay services. Broadband revenues are expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- Iliad launched a new mobile operator in Italy with the aim of acquiring 10–15% of the market. To counter it, TIM launched a new no-frills brand called "Kena" and Vodafone also launched a sub-brand called Ho.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes service provider KPIs.
- Identifies key developments across telecoms, TV, and OTT video.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets? What are the market shares of the key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years? Which technologies will drive revenue growth?
Table of contents
Download 1: Italy: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report