The IoT Vendor Platform Deals Tracker logs, classifies, and provides trend analysis for publicly announced platform deals between vendors and service providers (i.e., wireless carriers and third-party specialists) and service providers' own in-house platforms.
- Software platforms have been at the center of all meaningful innovation in the market for connected assets during the last eight years. Platforms have transformed embedded connectivity from the simple wholesale of SIMs and modems to a market for intelligent, managed services.
- Connectivity, device, application, subscription, and analytics management are the typical IoT management platform types. Having started with the cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) market, platform providers are now re-architecting their products for the wider world of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- 175 individual deals between platform vendors and IoT service providers have been logged and classified by Ovum.
Features and Benefits
- Details IoT platform deployments by service provider, from 2009 until the year-to-date.
- Summarizes IoT platform sales by vendor, from 2009 until the year-to-date.
- Summarizes IoT platform sales by type, from 2009 until the year-to-date.
Key questions answered
- What is the current and historical trend for IoT platform deployments?
- Who are the most active IoT service providers and what vendor suppliers are they choosing?
- Which are the market-leading vendors, and with which service providers are they embedded?
- What are the evolving trends in IoT platform deployments types: connectivity, application, device, subscription, and analytics?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT Vendor Platform Deals Tracker: 1H18