Verizon is a leader among service providers for IoT, particularly in North America. It is the second-largest player in the US in terms of IoT connections and revenues and the sixth-largest CSP IoT provider globally.
- Verizon offers end-to-end and modular IoT solutions through a mixture of in-house developed solutions and key partners, which are explored in this report.
- The company benefits from a sharp focus on several IoT verticals: fleet, smart cities, utilities, and asset management. It has taken a tiered approach, identifying primary and secondary verticals. Verizon Connect and Smart Communities have their own P&Ls, and Verizon has made key acquisitions to strengthen its position in these verticals.
Features and Benefits
- Provides key KPIs, timeline, partnerships, and technology/IP strategies for Verizon's IoT business
- Evaluates Verizon's IoT go-to-market approach and reviews the strengths and weaknesses of its overall IoT strategy
- Includes a detailed assessment of Verizon's approach to key vertical markets, as well as partners and customers
- Includes recommendations for Verizon, other service providers, and partners
Key questions answered
- What is Verizon's positioning in the IoT market and how does its strategy differ from those of peer competitors?
- What are the key elements of Verizon's technology strategy for IoT?
- Which major IoT verticals is Verizon targeting, how, and why?
- What investments and partnerships has Verizon committed to in the IoT sector?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT Service Provider Strategy Profile: Verizon