The IoT Service Provider Contract Tracker is a bi-annual Excel spreadsheet that logs, classifies, and details more than 850 publicly announced IoT service deployments delivered by communications service providers to enterprises. The information ranges from 2008 to the end of June 2018.
- The number of IoT service deployments by communications companies is increasing every year, a sure sign they are gaining credibility and trust in IoT. This is also validation of the fundamental utility of connectivity as a critical platform for building IoT value.
- Publicly announced deals represent a proportion of all deployments. However, the deals captured provide a representative cross section of the IoT market and its development across Ovum's nine key verticals.
- The tracker illustrates how the market is changing in terms of geographical scope, applications supported, and service components delivered. Importantly, it also demonstrates which telecommunications companies are becoming dominant in the IoT market.
Features and Benefits
- Logs, classifies, and describes IoT contract awards by service provider, customer, application vertical, customer industry vertical, and date, from 2008 to the end of June 2018.
- Provides charts and tables for visual aggregation and roll-up analysis of contract awards by service provider and vertical markets, as well as providing individual service provider vertical interest profiles.
Key questions answered
- What IoT contracts were awarded in 1H18?
- Which new application use cases are emerging?
- Which service providers are publicly announcing most IoT deals?
- Which industry verticals are showing most growth for service providers?
- How is the IoT contract market changing over time?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT Service Provider Contract Tracker: 3Q18