The IoT & LPWA Network Deployment Tracker is a spreadsheet-based report that tracks the rollout of low-power wide area networks (LPWAN) and other networks dedicated to providing communications for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- In 2Q18, 14 LPWA networks were announced, halved of that in 1Q18. The pace of new networks announcements is showing signs of slowing down as network operators focus on turning their planned/trialed networks into live networks.
- Year-to-quarter, 57% of all announced LPWA networks have gone live, compared to 50% in 1Q18. And out of these live networks, 55 were NB-IoT networks, up from 44 in 1Q18.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies LPWA and IoT public network announcements and which operators are involved.
- Summarizes LPWA and IoT networks by technology and segments the deployments by geography.
- Summarizes LPWA and IoT networks by status and which ones are planned, in trial, or commercially available.
Key questions answered
- Where are LPWA and IoT networks being launched?
- What LPWA and IoT network technologies are being chosen?
- Who are the operators of the LPWA and IoT networks?
- How many LPWA and IoT networks are there and how are the rollout dynamics changing over time?
- Which companies are backing these new LPWA and IoT network operations?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT & LPWA Network Deployment Tracker: 2Q18