This tracker provides an updated list of investments and acquisitions in the IoT space by companies in the technology, CSP, and consumer electronics or industrial segments. This update includes deals announced through December 31, 2018.
- The trend of investment in horizontal IoT technologies continued in 2H18. The smart cities and buildings vertical, which had a strong 1H18 for M&A, slowed in 2H18 but still showed significant growth in volume for the year overall.
- Manufacturing and industrial IoT (IIoT) investments picked up in late 1H18 and continued strong through 2H18. Healthcare showed surprising growth in volume, even though it is still one of the smaller vertical categories.
Features and Benefits
- Focuses on acquisitions and direct investments in the IoT space.
- Highlights trends in IoT-related investment, including which verticals and use cases are seeing the most deals.
Key questions answered
- Which types of IoT technologies and use cases are attracting the most investment?
- Which types of players are most active in investing in IoT?
- Which industry verticals are seeing changes in volume of IoT-related investment deals?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT Investments Tracker: 1H19