This is the first edition of Ovum's IoT forecast for devices, connections, and service revenues in the consumer electronics vertical. The forecast is split by five applications: smart home, connected smart TVs, connected set-top boxes and media streamers, consumer wearables, and other connected consumer electronic devices.
- Detailed database of forecast market information including number of devices, connections/subscriptions split by technology, and five key sub-applications (smart home, consumer wearables, connected smart TVs, connected set-top boxes and media streamers, and other connected consumer electronic devices.
- The connections (subscriptions) are further segmented by connectivity technology: cellular vs LPWAN, and split further by cellular generation (2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G) and LPWAN type (licensed spectrum and unlicensed spectrum).
- There are 20 tier-1 country markets and eight regions covered in this forecast. Country-level forecasts are available for Australia, Brazil, China, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, the UK, and the USA.
Features and Benefits
- Provides key market data for IoT market strategy and planning for the consumer electronics and smart home segment.
- Provides five-year forecasts offering clear segmentation by technology and application type.
Key questions answered
- How many connected consumer IoT devices will be in the market by 2022, and which countries, regions, and applications will see the strongest growth?
- Which connectivity technologies will be most prevalent in the connected consumer electronics IoT device market?
- How large will service revenues be for the connected consumer electronics IoT market, and how will this vary by country and by application type?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT Forecast: Consumer Electronics, 2017–22