This is an update of India’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and TV/video market outlook.
- India is home to a growing mobile market, with 1.2 billion subscriptions at end-4Q17. Mobile subscription count is forecast to grow 3.2% between end-2017 and end-2022, while that of fixed broadband is forecast to grow 5.9% and that of pay TV to increase 2.2%.
- Service providers in India are reporting some of the world's highest data consumption by mobile broadband users. Data consumption per subscriber increased by a factor of several times over the past year, to an average of 7.5GB for Bharti, Idea, and Reliance Jio.
- After a long period of inactivity, the country’s LTE market was lit up by the latest entrant, Reliance Jio. LTE subscriptions increased to account for 16% of total mobile subscriptions at end-4Q17, while WCDMA growth stagnated.
Features and Benefits
- Provides an overview of the mobile, fixed, and TV markets in India.
- Analyzes technology migration trends in fixed and mobile broadband.
- Summarizes key developments of major service providers.
Key questions answered
- How are India's TV, mobile, and fixed markets expected to grow through 2022?
- Which will be the leading service providers and key technologies in the medium-to-long term?
- What key changes have been made to telecoms regulations?
Table of contents
Download 1: India: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report