Developers of enterprise social and team collaboration applications have for years positioned themselves as the long-sought “Facebook for the enterprise.” This has resulted in a fragmented market that is benefiting Facebook itself.
- The market for enterprise social networking platforms has fragmented, with multiple kinds of applications available from a diverse set of developers.
- Workplace by Facebook is taking advantage of the disrupted market, establishing a presence in the enterprise space.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the state of the market for collaboration and enterprise social software.
- Categorizes the different types of collaboration, messaging, and social software available to businesses.
- Explains how Workplace by Facebook is positioned in the market for collaboration and enterprise social software.
Key questions answered
- What is the state of the enterprise social software market?
- What alternatives do enterprises have to traditional enterprise social platforms?
Table of contents
Recommendations for software developers
Recommendations for enterprises
Fragmentation creates opportunity
Fragmented collaboration and enterprise social market
Workplace and enterprise social
Workplace and persistent messaging