IBM recently announced the availability of IBM Watson Studio, a single, cloud-based environment providing a suite of tools to leverage data and build, train, and deploy machine-learning and deep-learning models at scale.
- Watson Studio embeds Data Refinery, which allows for seamless self-service data access and data prep without switching between products.
- Watson Studio also embeds Watson Knowledge Catalog, AI-driven data catalog functionality that allows users to quickly and easily find the data they need while maintaining governance controls.
- Watson Studio's strength is its platform approach. With data science, deep learning, data prep, and data catalog all in a single platform, users can access and leverage governed data for input into models without transitioning between interfaces or products.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the data governance capabilities in Watson Studio and its embedded Data Refinery and Watson Knowledge Catalog functionality.
- Compares the IBM Watson Studio offering to its predecessor, IBM DSX.
- Highlights the capabilities of the Watson Studio environment that help enterprises comply with data protection directives.
- Identifies the core audience of end users that would typically engage with the Watson Studio offering.
- Evaluates the key governance challenges that arise from scaling and operationalizing data science within the enterprise.
Key questions answered
- How is IBM Watson Studio different from the IBM DSX workbench offering?
- Why does the data science workflow in the enterprise need access to a pool of well-governed data?
- How can Watson Studio help enterprises comply with data privacy and data protection directives such as GDPR, which require the anonymization of personal data?
- Why does a single-platform approach to data science and data catalog help bolster efforts in data protection and data privacy compliance?
- How do the Data Refinery and Watson Knowledge Catalog offerings fit under the umbrella of the Watson Studio product offering? Are they available as standalone products?
Table of contents
A collaborative ecosystem enabling self-service data science
Data Refinery enables ready access to quality, prepped data
Watson Knowledge Catalog enables key governance features