At IBM's rebranded Think event, the company's messaging to its customers was clear: everyone can be a disrupter within an industry, with data and artificial intelligence being the epicenter of this disruption. IBM, which recently also returned to growth, is gambling that AI or Watson will secure its and its customers' futures. Watson is now embedded in almost all of IBM's services and solutions, and Ovum believes that is very much where its future lies.
- IBM Watson remains front and center of IBM’s overall strategy. The main challenge for Watson has always been the long runway to success or even deployment. The main priority for IBM should be the democratization of Watson, making it relevant to the average employee or even smaller businesses
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates IBM strategy and key strategic imperatives and results to date.
- Identifies key strengths in IBM's service portfolio.
Key questions answered
- What are the challenges that IBM will face in the next few years?
- What are the immediate opportunities for IBM and areas that it should be focusing on?
Table of contents
The Watson advantage will be IBM's biggest drawing card
Betting on blockchain for growth
IBM cloud for the enterprise